Home Repertory L'Escaut Architectures Housing units-studios for artists “Cheval Noir”
Housing units-studios for artists “Cheval Noir”
- Transformation of the Hallemans breweries into housing units/studios together with a new construction, creation of a courtyard and the connection between the Brunfaut square and the Cheval Noir street.
- This project was conducted in association with Atelier Gigogne.[...]
Openness and visual presence have determined the architectural choices of this building, which is situated on the left bank of the canal.
It accommodates 31 housing units/studios for artists of which the configurations arise from their integration in the former Hallemans brewery on the one hand and in the compactness of a small tower on the other hand.
The two buildings are connected through several footbridges.
- Housing (include mixed use)
- Year of conception
- Year of delivery
- Fonds du Logement de la Région de Bruxelles-Capitale
- Total budget
- 3 910 000 euros HTVA
- Per square meters
- 1100 euros/m²
- 4052 m²
- Ney & Partners
- Special techniques
- SECA Benelux
- De Coninck nv (General contractor)