WBA new exhibition - Presentation at Mies Pavilion - BarcelonaOn May 11th Wallonia-Brussels Architectures (WBA) will present, at the prestigious Mies van der Rohe Pavilion in Barcelona, its new exhibition project. It takes place within the framework of the partnership proposed to WBA by Cities Connection Project (CCP). CCP was created with the desire to establish a cultural connection between two European cities with an important architectural and cultural tradition. The cities of Zurich, Mendrisio, Geneva and Lausanne were involved in the previous editions.
To answer this proposal, WBA entrusted to Nicola Regusci and Xavier Bustos the design of the exhibition centered on the re-use of existing spaces, the mixed use and the reconstruction of the city.The exhibition which will be supported by a publication will present 20 W-B projects and 20 projects from Barcelona. It will alternately be shown in Brussels and in Barcelona and will drain in its trail an important architect’s delegation.
It will be inaugurated in Brussels on October 18th at the ULB - Faculty of architecture La Cambre-Horta, and will be presented in Barcelona in May 2019.
The 20 Wallonia-Brussels projects are:
- MSA/V+ – Portaels social housing - Brussels
- V+/Rotor - Mode and Design Center - Brussels
- AIUD – Préhistomuseum - Flémalle
- a practice. – a square - Brussels
- De Visscher_Coton_Lelion_Nottebaert_Vicentelli – Keramis – La Louvière
- Aurélie Hachez – L'Ermitage - Bruxelles
- Réservoir A – Urban distribution center – Charleroi
- ADN – Loft FOR - Brussels
- Specimen - INQ, logements – Namur
- Ledroit-Pierret-Polet – Jourdan – Brussels
- AGWA – Metal - Brussels
- Baukunst – Centre Adeps, La Fraineuse – Spa
- Multiple – Station – Herstal
- LRArchitectes – Primary school– Assesse
- OUEST- Atelier Claus – Brussels
- Binario – Visitor center in the mill of the abbey – Villers la Ville
- A229 – ITP School – Court Saint Etienne
- Label – Riva Bella – Braine L'Alleud
On the occasion of this double presentation, a series of events will be organized with the architectural stage of the other city, underlining the audacious and creative specificities of our architecture.