13/09/19 - 17/11/19
EU Prize for Contemporary Architecture Mies van der Rohe Award in Brussels
The EU Mies Award 2019 exhibition is starting its travel across Europe. After being in Barcelona, it will be on display at BOZAR/Centre for Fine Arts from September 13th till November 17th.
In April 2019 an international jury under the presidency of Dorte Mandrup selected 6 finalists among the 383 works nominated for the EU Mies Award 2019. From May onwards, a travelling exhibition is showing models, texts, videos, sketches and drawings of the 40 shortlisted works and a summary of all 383 nominees. This layout disseminates the work of European architects and creates important discussions and synergies on ways of designing, building and using places, cities and territories.
Special attention is given to the 6 finalists and the winners:
- The transformation of 530 dwellings, Grand Parc, Bordeaux (Lacaton & Vassal architects, Frédéric Druot Architecture, Christophe Hutin Architecture, EU Mies Award)
- Terrassenhaus Lobe Block in Berlin (Brandlhuber+ Emde, Burlon / Muck Petzet Architekten
- Plasencia Auditorium and Congress Centre (Selgas Cano)
- Psychiatric Centre Caritas in Melle (architecten de vylder vinck taillieu)
- Skanderbeg Square, Tirana (51N4E, Plant en Houtgoed, Anri Sala and iRI)
- A school refectory E26 in Montbrun-Bocage (studio BLAST)