Home Repertory AUPa sprl - Architectes Urbanistes Paysagistes Associés Hôtel de la Source
Hôtel de la Source
- Schemel Wirtz - Carlo Schemel
- Moreno Architecture - Stephano Moreno
- Building a 4-star hotel including :
- 4 suites
- 86 rooms
- 8 modulable conference rooms
- a fitness center
- a wellness center
- a restaurant with terrasse
- a lounge
- a lounge bar
- 84 places of parking
- some outside Event spaces
- Situated in 250m of the mythical bend of the "Source" of the circuit of Francorchamps, the "Hotel of the Source" was designed to take advantage of this unique situation.[...]
Integrate in a plentiful vegetation, the hotel enjoys unique views on the circuit while being close to nearby tourist areas and to a technological pole bound to the driving sports.
Implanted in the heart of Ardenne, the construction of this hotel wanted to keep the spirit of this region by mixing the traditional architecture to some more contemporary interventions recalling the technological character of the activities developed in the region.
The simple volumetry of a rectangular building surmounted by a roof in two hillsides (recalling voluntarily the regional building), was combined with some more current touches such as:
- the adding volume most singular with flat roof to accommodate more specific functions of the project: entrance area, restaurant, balconies.
- The creation of a modulation and a particular subdivision of the chassis which helped animate the facade and creating a game making it not monotonous.
Furthermore, the use of regional materials (natural slate, rubble stone of Arkose) implemented in the traditional way, combined with the use of wood or metal siding, reinforce this mix between tradition and innovation.
- Year of conception
- Year of delivery
- Immobilière de la Source
- Total budget
- Per square meters
- RDC: 2.367m² - TOTAL: 10.386m²
- Bureau d'étude Lemaire - Frédéric Lemaire
- Special techniques
- Bureau Tamarindi - Guy Tamarindi
- ATS - Eric Bruyère