Home Repertory Atelier Chora Castle of Chevetogne
Castle of Chevetogne
- Creation of a Center of Interpretation of Child and Youth Litterature into the castle.
(Renovation and reallocation).
- Our intervention was to transform the castle while keeping and enhancing its identity.[...]
The analysis and the discovery of the castle had to be done step by step, following its approach.
The reflexion is on four main ideas :
- Creating a courtyard in the extension of the parc and giving access to the underground (entrance of the center).
- Putting the elevator outside the building and interpret it like a green tower, light and transparent. A tree we climb in, a module.
- Keeping the offices on the first floor, on a central position, in order to benefit from the light, from large spaces and preserving a quality of working life.
- Divide the interpretation center on the second and third floors. Within the latter, space is organized in mezzanine, footbridges, empty spaces and glass walls allowing large views on the domain.
- Year of conception
- Year of delivery
- Province de Namur