Home Repertory Monsieur Pascal 14 facades
- Room + Bathroom + Entrance + Kitchen + Living room
- The entire project was conceived in an economical way to preserve materials and to optimize the ratio between the area and the construction cost ($3,280 per square foot), but not at the expense of quality. Indeed, the owner and architect did not discount architectural quality, spatial functionality, etc. Thus, for example, the choice to develop a light, wood construction for the whole house allows for:[...]
- the use of regional and ecological material from a local company,
- the design to be simple and flexible; to be quickly and easily built; and to readily adapt to the sloping ground, reducing the cost of construction,
- and several small, simple structures that are interconnected, creating varying views, delineating areas of the house (the entryway, private terrace, and dining room, which has a view of the valley) that fit into the ground slope and the landscape and could in the future be complemented by additional structures as required by the inhabitant.
The choices were guided by simplicity, economy, ecology, and flexibility, but also by the desire for beauty, integration, and security.
- Private houses
- Year of conception
- Total budget
- Per square meters