13/09/19 - 17/11/19
EU Prize for Contemporary Architecture Mies van der Rohe Award in Brussels
The EU Mies Award 2019 exhibition is starting its travel across Europe. After being in Barcelona, it will be on display at BOZAR/Centre for Fine Arts from September 13th till November 17th.
In April 2019 an international jury under the presidency of Dorte Mandrup selected a finalist for the EU Mies Award 2019 and a finalist for the Emerging Architect Prize. From May onwards, a travelling exhibition is showing models, texts, videos, sketches and drawings of the 40 shortlisted works and a summary of all 383 nominees. This layout disseminates the work of European architects and creates important discussions and synergies on ways of designing, building and using places, cities and territories.
Special attention is given to the 6 finalists and the winners:
- The transformation of 530 dwellings, Grand Parc, Bordeaux (Lacaton & Vassal architects, Frédéric Druot Architecture, Christophe Hutin Architecture, EU Mies Award)
- Terrassenhaus Lobe Block in Berlin (Brandlhuber+ Emde, Burlon / Muck Petzet Architekten
- Plasencia Auditorium and Congress Centre (Selgas Cano)
- Psychiatric Centre Caritas in Melle (architecten de vylder vinck taillieu)
- Skanderbeg Square, Tirana (51N4E, Plant en Houtgoed, Anri Sala and iRI)
- A school refectory E26 in Montbrun-Bocage (studio BLAST)
On the occasion of the opening, a debate with the winner and the Belgian finalists of the European Union Prize for Contemporary Architecture will be organised at 7:00 PM on September 12th at BOZAR.